How To Excel In Physics?2019-06-26
Physics is a subject that has a lot of imagination involved in it as most of the concepts talk about things that can be seen through our naked eyes like the flow of electrons, the motion of light particles in the wave theory of light, how do the mechanical waves travel, etc. And these are concepts that make the subject interesting. But excelling in Physics in school is the biggest challenge that students face. So following are the tips that can be implemented by students to excel in Physics:
- Master the basics: The basic concepts of Physics include thermodynamics, relativity, electromagnetism, classical mechanics and quantum mechanics. Learning to differentiate these by understanding their definition and what are the subtopics covered in them will make it easier in learning Physics. All the concepts explain different things like thermodynamics mainly focus on the heat systems, electromagnetism focus on electricity and magnetism, classical mechanics have concepts related to Newtonian mechanics and relativity focus on gravity.
- Strengthen your Maths skills: We all know that Physics has more Maths applications, so it becomes easy to master the subject by studying Maths along with Physics. This helps in derivations that have differentiation, integration, and concepts related to trigonometry.
- Use drawings: The pictorial representation of the concept makes it easier for the brain to understand the subject faster than by just reading. Mind maps are a part of drawings. Having a central idea and building the entire explanation of that central idea with the help of a mind map is helpful even during revisions.
- Use flashcards to study: Making a note of units, formulas, equations and general definitions and principles are one of the ways to memorize the entire subject as all the information related to the subject are available at one place and the flow of information is according to the way you need.
- Simplify: This is done by analyzing the problem and understanding the parameters that are already given in the problem and that is to be found. This becomes easy only when the basic formulas and equations are known which takes us back to the first point of this article ie; master the basics.
Interested to learn more about the tricks used for excelling in Physics along with other concepts like what is destructive interference, elastomers definition, etc, visit BYJU’S.